Friday, December 30, 2016

Gold Coast wave

 
We went for our first real family trip after 4 years with not much expectations except for a nice Christmas vacation away from the country. The thing is, I fell in love with the destination after spending 5 days there - not the best gauge for such a short stay but seriously, we love it. 

I've been to slow and relax Switzerland and busy bustling London and Paris but none of them compare to the calm energy of Gold Coast. I've been to the beaches in Phuket, Koh Pangan, Phi Phi Island, Koh Samui and Bali but none of them are as perfect as the beaches at Gold Coast, and none are as relaxing. I mean I've got little children, we walk a lot on this trip and it's hard to describe the beautiful weather that's just perfect - not too hot, not extremely cold and super friendly people all around where language is also not a barrier. There are no peddlers selling stuff I don't need or bug me when I'm relaxing, and I feel safe and calm in the slow atmosphere where even the drivers do not go beyond the speed limits. My first thought when I saw patrol cars was - what is the biggest crime here in Gold Coast? People are so calm, relax and happy, happy people don't commit crime, do they?

I have lots to jot down and I'll segregate them by pieces. All in all, I've not really come back home although I am home. 

Much love,
💋JJo

No comments:

Post a Comment