Friday, December 30, 2016

Driving in Gold Coast

 
What I love about driving in Gold Coast is the fact that everyone respects the law and other drivers. I've only driven for 5 days during the vacation and it's a general observation of these facts. They don't flout the speed limit and no aggressive driving unlike in KL. After returning from our vacation, we went on a 50km drive back to Sepang to get chocolates and I must say that I hated the drive - too many aggressive drivers trying to scare me off the speeding lane when I was already doing 110km/h and a little bit more, at short stretches. People didn't care about doing above speed limits and they didn't bother about the safety of others.

In Gold Coast, I was afraid to speed nor pull out any aggressive stunts as everyone seem to be calm and happy to observe the speed limits. Malaysians are quick to complain about just 110km/h limits in most parts of our highways because they drive fast cars but when I drove in Gold Coast I started to appreciate our high limits as they were mostly doing 80-90km/h and implementation was good.

I also noticed that the cars automatically stop at zebra crossings that do not even have crossing lights for pedestrians. This, I only saw in Switzerland where they'd stop at any zebra crossings, braking even when I haven't stepped on the roadside curb, in anticipation that I'd cross the road. In Gold Coast, I felt as safe crossing the road as I did in Switzerland. Things that I miss when I'm back home and I wish to return to real "civilisation".

No tolls either. I'm grateful and all for the country I live in but I want it to be better. Don't really like the atmosphere today and don't really want my children to grow up surrounded by such negative energy. But coming to choices, what choices do I have? The more we travel, the more we seek for change. Though change is scary for many, it's part of my birth sign. I yearn for change. I love change. So what's next?

Sincerely,
💋JJo

No comments:

Post a Comment