Sunday, May 10, 2020

Of MCO and Mother's Day


So apparently it's Mother's Day today. With the MCO, wfh and the fasting month, I have not been in touch with the dates especially since I am not one who is good with dates to begin with. I have a history of even forgetting my wedding anniversaries year after year, I am being reminded that this month would be another anniversary that we will be celebrating again.

But back to Mother's Day. This year must be the most low key, lonely feeling ever. I mean, we have just went out yesterday after being locked in our own condo for almost 2 months and I don't really have the energy to go out again today. With social distancing all around, eating out is not a choice I'd easily make and looking at the atmosphere yesterday, it would be quite a hassle getting a table, having to register our names, temperature and a lonely atmosphere in restaurants as everybody will look like they don't even want to be out in the open.

So, where was my sahur-in-bed? And I am still cooking tonight, though I am secretly wishing I don't have to. We've been buying good stuff for our groceries as cooking can be satisfying but there will be days when I just don't feel like it. Grab food is crap and when we do order from them, we keep buying the same food. So what is so special about today?

The good side of things is that I love being a mom. I don't think I had ever made that conscious decision to want to be a mom, I mean I don't remember making plans on what I want to do in my parenting and I've been learning as I go along. That's quite a gamble right, not really knowing what is right or what I should do in my path to raise my children, hoping they will turn out fine.

After almost a decade and seeing some positive outcome from years of "investment" into character building on the children, there have been many proud moments which I thought was done right from the beginning. To be honest, I didn't have that great of a childhood when I was little and though there were happy moments, I wanted to have better control of myself as a mother.

But everything cannot be just coming from me, having a wonderful partner to shoulder the burden together is one achievement that's better than I ever imagined. I guess being a mother is rewarding in itself and I hope they maintain this way, always knowing that they can come to me for comfort and happy to be together, doing things together.

It feels great to reminisce on our memories thus far and so much more meaningful that our wedding anniversary also falls in the same month. 

For me, life needs to be lived. So if I gotta cook tonight, I shall. 

from a good start to the Monopoly game, to being beaten without mercy by a child -
it's still a satisfying experience.

Best,
💋JJo

No comments:

Post a Comment